Opening multiple instances of thunar causes system freeze.
I've tested this on two different systems and two distribution versions:
1) a one year old intel dualcore HP laptop (mythbuntu 8.04)
2) a 7 year old desktop (mythBuntu 8.04 and Ubuntu 8.10).
How to reproduce
Open thunar and set in preferences (edit/preferences) the following:
- view new folders using: detailed list view
- sort folders before files: checked
- show thumbnails : checked
- date format: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss
close thunar to make sure settings are used for all new thunar instances.
- Open three thunar instances and click through some folders with all three
- close two instances
- open two instance and click through some folders.
- close one instance
within 1 minute al thunar instances get freezed. The rest of the system is still responding almost as quick as before.
Feel free to contact me for any question you have about this report.
That was fixed around 0.9.99.1 (not sure of the exact version, but I closed it in launchpad for such a version).