Created attachment 1887
Vertical tab cycle window
The layout of the cycle window is changed in the following ways:
* Vertical layout by default
* A label next to each icon
* Multiple columns for spillover
* Labels in spilled-over columns are truncated to 28 characters including ellipsis in order to scale to many open windows
* Label not longer appears at bottom of window
Patch is against 28197
Created attachment 1888
Created attachment 1889
A couple of notes after using the vertical tab cycle window for a few days:
1) A wider ICON_LABEL_TRUNC_WIDTH is more helpful (44 instead of 28).
2) I find unconditional truncation more pleasant than conditional truncation ( replace the second argument in the call to createIconLabel with "1" instead of "table_x > 0").