(1) The following is *empty*:
(although http://svn.xfce.org/svn/goodies/xfce4-artwork/ is populated)
(2) http://goodies.xfce.org/download contains a wrong URL:
(3) xfce-traction.png and some other files are missing from http://svn.xfce.org/svn/goodies/xfce4-artwork/trunk/backdrops/ -- here's a long story:
While I was reading an old post from April 2006 of the XFCE Diary, Major changes in Xfce 4.4BETA1 [http://xfce-diary.blogspot.com/2006/04/major-changes-in-xfce-44beta1.html], I noticed a nice wallpaper: http://www.foo-projects.org/~benny/tmp/xfce-4.4beta1-changes/desktop-icons.png
On Xfce-look.org, I've identified the wallpaper as Traction [http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php?content=35408], but they only offered a PNG at 1024x768, and the link to the SVG Source File [http://xfce-look.org/content/download.php?content=35408&id=2&tan=10212882] is no longer valid.
Mandriva's http://sophie.zarb.org/rpm/cooker,i586/xfce4-artwork tells us that /usr/share/xfce4/backdrops/xfce-traction.png belongs to xfce4-artwork, but there is no upstream place where one can download it!
Have you *lost* the full xfce4-artwork sources?!
0. One bug per bug report, please.
1. So what?
2. Someone should fix that.
3. This has nothing to do with us. I've never heard of this 'traction.png', so perhaps it was added downstream and was never a part of the official xfce4-artwork package we distribute? I have no idea. Look through the svn revision history if you're curious. We also don't run the xfce-look.org site, so you'll have to take problems with their site to them.
The only valid part of this bug is about your #2.
(1) What do you mean by "so what"?! Doesn't xfce4-artwork have ANY RELEASE? Is this responsibility? <flame>I thought this bugzilla doesn't belong to Microsoft, those guys who always say "so what?"</flame>
(2) xfce-traction.png was quoted from a blog page belonging to Benedikt Meurer, an XFCE DEVELOPER! Also, the cited Mandriva xfce4-artwork package contains many files that I have seen on some other XFCE systems, so instead of assuming that "someone just added some external files", you should have been more positive about this issue!
"This has nothing to do with us" is an assumption made before any reasearch, and it was promoted to a conclusion abusively.
I fixed (2). Don't care about the rest.
0. Calm down. Your behavior here is inappropriate and unwarranted. Any more ridiculous outbursts like this and I'm going to have to lock your bugzilla account. You're just being rude and unreasonable. I honestly don't understand why you're worked up enough to make personal attacks. It's just software, not world peace or something.
1. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a (new) release of xfce4-artwork in a *very* long time. As in, before the goodies.xfce.org site was even set up. I believe the last release of xfce4-artwork is here:
Admittedly not the best location, but it does indeed exist. And the sources are far from lost: you yourself pointed out where the SVN repository is.
2. Just because an Xfce developer has an image file doesn't mean it's been included in a release. Why is a personal screenshot indicative of something included in a release? "You should have been more positive on the issue" -- what? What are you even talking about? Yes, that's a rhetorical question. I don't care what the answer is.
> "This has nothing to do with us" is an assumption made before any
> reasearch, and it was promoted to a conclusion abusively.
Ok, let me clarify and restrict: it doesn't have anything to do with *me*, and I don't particularly care about it. Your outbursts make me care even less because of how you are acting like a spoiled child. Happy now? Can you go and find some other unfortunate open source developers to whine at now?
Jannis: thanks for updating the link.
(In reply to comment #4)
> I honestly don't understand why you're worked up enough to make personal
> attacks. It's just software, not world peace or something.
Pssst. Don't let RMS hear that!
Mandriva's xfce4-artwork is extended by some wallpapers from xfce-look.org.
Lof of stuff has a enchancements which upstream doesn't contain, and this is normal situation for me. No need to start a war about few wallpapers from xfce-look.org, right ?