- This patch adds incremental searching for applications: the list of applications matching the typed search string is updated after every keystroke. (This is a bit like in windows vista's start menu.)
- To make this fast enough I added caching of the icons in memory. (This was actually quite easy.)
- If the list of applications has only on element left, it is automatically selected.
- The selected application can now launched by pressing the return key (or appfinder can be made to quit by pressing the esc key). The selection can be done by mouse clicking, up- and down-arrows, or as described in the previous point. This makes it possible to launch applications mouseless, when I start appfinder with my right windows key as a shortcut. After launching I quit appfinder, because I found, that I tended to loose appfinder windows below other application windows.
- I think I have fixed a small bug, where param wasn't freed after being allocated. I don't think it matters much because in my case appfinder isn't a long running application anyway.
Created attachment 1303
Patch for incremental searching and mouseless launching of apps
This is fixed in Xfce4 appfinder 4.6.