1. Insert an audio CD and wait till the an icon appears on the desktop.
2. Double click or select "mount" from the right click menu
3. You get the following error:
"Audio CDs cannot be mounted, use Xfmedia to play the audio tracks" (exo-mount-hal.c line 850).
First of all the error should not recommend xfmedia explicitly, but something like "your favorite audio player".
- Thunar should not show mount/unmount in the right click menu for audio cds
- "Open" or double clicking on the icon should start the preferred audio/media player from thunar-volman.
This problem has been reported by a user at
If you're talking about the desktop, this is xfdesktop, not Thunar. The mount failed message is of course from exo, and if anybody's trying to automount it, it's thunar-volman.
With exo-0.3.104 I can no longer reproduce this behavior:
- Audio-CDs don't have an icon on the desktop or in thunar, so there is nothing to click on. If thunar-volman is used, the configured application correctly starts.
- DVDs do have an icon but can be mounted as data DVDs. thunar-volman works fine here, too.
Feel free to close the bug but I suggest to reassign it to exo, so the text of the error message can be revised. It's still talking of xfmedia.
Fixed the string in master (4.6 branch is string freeze).