cvs version 20040806. When trying to make a shorcut with windows key, f.e.
mod4+z, only "z" is taken. When I edit shortucts dile manually and add
super+z it works ok. Using X11 6.7.0, this key works ok to me in every
windowmanager which supports it (as mod4 or as super), so I think my
configuration is ok.
Fragment from /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "pl"
Option "XkbOptions" "altwin:super_win"
this shouldn't be hard to add in if the same 'key grabber' is used in shortcuts
editor as the windows key (Mod4) works there
A few random comments.
- Mod4 == Windows key is not true o,n all platforms (there is just not the PC in
the world ;)
- The windows key as a modifier worked perfectly with XFree86.
- BTW, a bit of googling shows there are a lot of similar reports, so it might
be something odd or wrong with Xorg.
- The simple solution is to fix the modifier table:
xmodmap -e "clear mod4"
xmodmap -e "add mod4 = Super_L"
- If that works for you (it does for me here), then you can add the following to
your $HOME/.Xmodmap :
add mod4 = Super_L
works perfectly! thanks
See that thread for more details :
It's adk/gdk issue that should be fixed in gtk+ 2.10