Created attachment 9151
Screenshot showing the refresh issue
When I extract a ZIP archive (right-click, then "Extract here"), Thunar displays a temporary folder name. I have to manually refresh ("Ctrl+R") in order to see the real name of the new folder created by the archive extraction. See the attached screenshot.
For example if I extract an archive "test.zip", Thunar will display a folder named "test (2)". I have to refresh to see the real name "test".
This happens when Engrampa is used to do the extraction. As a workaround one can remove the "--extract-here" option from the .tap file:
Thanks for the answer. Is it a bug with Thunar or Engrampa? Should I open a report for Engrampa?
It is a bug in the Thunar code. Nautilus and co are not affected.
*** Bug 16747 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 9803
Adding (yet another?) thunar_file_reload call seems to work around the bug. It eliminates this occasional warning also:
thunar-WARNING **: 15:59:54.492: Content type loading failed for test (2): Error when getting information for file “/home/brainwash/test (2)”: No such file or directory
I can reproduce the bug, and I can confirm that your patch fixed the problem !(In reply to Theo Linkspfeifer from comment #5)
> Created attachment 9803
> quick diff
> Adding (yet another?) thunar_file_reload call seems to work around the bug.
> It eliminates this occasional warning also:
> thunar-WARNING **: 15:59:54.492: Content type loading failed for test (2):
> Error when getting information for file “/home/brainwash/test (2)”: No such
> file or directory
Thanks Theo, I can reproduce the bug, and I can confirm that your patch fixed the problem !
Not the file-roller ocassionally does not display the extracted file at all for me. That as well seems to be fixed with the patch.
Though "thunar_folder_monitor" probably should be tweaked a bit ... not clear to me why we only check for files which are "not" the current folder-object with:
if (!g_file_equal (event_file, thunar_file_get_file (folder->corresponding_file)))
... if so, probably we should have the "thunar_file_reload()" in an else branch of that "if" (or directly restructure that whole monster-if to make it more readable).
*** Bug 16862 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to xfce.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/-/issues/267.
Please create an account or use an existing account on one of our supported OAuth providers.
If you want to fork to submit patches and merge requests please continue reading here: https://docs.xfce.org/contribute/dev/git/start#gitlab_forks_and_merge_requests
Also feel free to reach out to us on the mailing list https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce4-dev