Similar bug to #14037 #14094 and #14620, the specification for AppData has evolved into AppStream. The current file should be updated and installed in the correct location (/usr/share/metainfo/).
Created attachment 7900
Please review the attached patch before I push to master.
Hi, is that pushed to a branch somewhere I can fetch?
Nope, you're supposed to apply it against master and let me know if I forgot anything, expect the screenshot size warning than I ignored on purpose =)
It looks ok at first sight. validate-strict still shows other warnings:
• tag-invalid : <updatecontact> should be <update_contact>
• attribute-invalid : <screenshot> width too small [https://docs.xfce.org/_media/xfce/xfce4-appfinder/xfce4-appfinder-expanded.png] minimum is 624px
• aspect-ratio-invalid : <screenshot> aspect ratio not 16:9 [https://docs.xfce.org/_media/xfce/xfce4-appfinder/xfce4-appfinder-expanded.png]
• translations-required : <name> has no translations
• translations-required : <summary> has no translations
But that could be fixed later on (especially translations).
Andre Miranda referenced this bugreport in commit bb312f457b1bd07d215aae9ff5fa42d407ccc7bd
Convert AppData file to AppStream (Bug #14624)