Reproducible on Ubuntu 17.10 standard install and with the xfwm4 compiled from GIT (2018-04-12).
Needed configuration :
* The focus follows the pointer.
* A keyboard shortcut allows to switch workspaces.
Raising the bug :
* Open a window A on workspace 0
* Open a window B on workspace 1 : NOT AT THE SAME PLACE
* Set the pointer inside the A window (NOT ON THE WINDOW DECORATION)
* Use the keyboard to goto workspace 1 (the pointer MUST NOT BE IN WINDOW B)
* The window B does not get the keyboard focus as it should
* Move the pointer in the window B : it does not get the keyboard focus.
* Click in the window B : it does not get the keyboard focus.
Moving the pointer into another window and coming back allows
to get back the keyboard focus.
By the way, lost characters do not go into the window A.
I hope this will help to find the problem.
Works fine here...
I reproduced the bug on Linux 32 bits.
Erase session settings : rm -r .config/xfce4
Connect and choose the default configuration.
Execute the following script :
xfconf-query -c xfwm4 --create -p /general/click_to_focus --type bool -s false
xfconf-query -c xfwm4 --create -p /general/focus_delay --type int -s 0
xfconf-query -c xsettings --create -p /Net/ThemeName --type string -s Xfce-stellar
After this, the previous bug is active.
Strangely, using the graphical application to set these parameters
does not raise the bug.
I make a diff between manual and script configuration.
The focus_delay is not set to 0 by the GUI but 5.
The problem is fixed by running : xfconf-query -c xfwm4 --create -p /general/focus_delay --type int -s 5
And strangely, it does not come back with : xfconf-query -c xfwm4 --create -p /general/focus_delay --type int -s 0
But after this, if /Net/ThemeName is modified (even with the GUI) the focus problem come back.
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to xfce.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/-/issues/285.
Please create an account or use an existing account on one of our supported OAuth providers.
If you want to fork to submit patches and merge requests please continue reading here: https://docs.xfce.org/contribute/dev/git/start#gitlab_forks_and_merge_requests
Also feel free to reach out to us on the mailing list https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce4-dev