Created attachment 6991
Python Gtk 3 reproducer
Bug when a window:
1. Is in focus.
2. Receives a focus-out event
3. Hides itself
4. Would get back focus due to the event in (2) if (3) didn't happen.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Run this script, which has two windows W and Y
2. Move Y window to the left
3. Click inside Y to show W again
4. Click inside W and it prints a message from its button-press-event
5. W has focus, now click the Y window's close button
6. W is not hidden and does not respond to click events
GTK version: 3.22
$ xfwm4 --version
This is xfwm4 version 4.12.3 (revision 7fdcb53) for Xfce 4.12
Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Compiled against GTK+-2.24.30, using GTK+-2.24.31.
Build configuration and supported features:
- Startup notification support: Yes
- XSync support: Yes
- Render support: Yes
- Xrandr support: Yes
- Embedded compositor: Yes
- KDE systray proxy (deprecated): No
The good news is this is already fixed in git master apparently. I can only reproduce with 4.12.
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to xfce.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/-/issues/247.
Please create an account or use an existing account on one of our supported OAuth providers.
If you want to fork to submit patches and merge requests please continue reading here: https://docs.xfce.org/contribute/dev/git/start#gitlab_forks_and_merge_requests
Also feel free to reach out to us on the mailing list https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce4-dev