1. xfconf-query -c xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts -r -R -p / # This will reset keyboard settings to factory.)
2. Open settings-editor - you will see there is only commands/default and not commands/custom.
3. Open xfce4-keyboard-settings. It will immediately create commands/custom by copying the default settings.
Now compare the two Alt-F2 commands. The default one has startup-notification enabled, but the custom one (actually used) does not.
1. In xfce4-keyboard-settings, enable startup-notification on the Alt-F2 command. 2. Verify that the setting is set in settings editor.
3. Now click "restore defaults" in tke keyboard settings.
The startup-notification will be cleared again.
This is seems to be a bug in libxfce4ui
Created attachment 5314
This fixes the bug by relaxing the requirement that every shortcut property is type string.
Created attachment 5339
refresh patch, remove debug printf
Fix pushed to master:
Author: Alistair Buxton <email@example.com>
Date: Mon Jan 13 19:59:27 2014 +0000
Don't drop startup notify hint when resetting to defaults (bug #10630)