Created attachment 5227
I ran cppcheck on xfwm4 (git master) before I look start looking at specific bugs. Some minor problems were reported, see the attachment
possible NULL dereference
assignment to pointer value rather than pointer
possible small memory leak
Hi, I was about to post a similar patch. There is a detail missing in yours:
in the one in getUTF8String, there is an ineffective assignment to the str_p argument. I think it was, as you noticed that happened with length, intended to assign to the value pointed by str_p, as that is the one being freed.
Hi Mario, you are right, I should have spotted that. Would you like to post a patch or should I update mine?
(In reply to Steven Jackson from comment #2)
> Hi Mario, you are right, I should have spotted that. Would you like to post
> a patch or should I update mine?
I think it would be better if you update yours, as mine already lacks the corrections in xfwm_settings_theme_sort_func.
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to xfce.org's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/-/issues/135.
Please create an account or use an existing account on one of our supported OAuth providers.
If you want to fork to submit patches and merge requests please continue reading here: https://docs.xfce.org/contribute/dev/git/start#gitlab_forks_and_merge_requests
Also feel free to reach out to us on the mailing list https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce4-dev